Is also an effective larvicide. The rate of application will depend on a number of factors including depth of the water, length of persistence required and species to be controlled. Most other mosquitoes larvicides require an increase in dose of up to 10 times when used in polluted or highly organic water. ‘Actellic’ 50EC needs to be applied only at 1.25 times the rate recommended for clean water
Application Rate For Actellic 50EC Fogging/ULV Aerosol Spray
• Controls adult aedes Spp mosquitoes.
• High intrinsic activity.
• Effective against other mosquitoes strain.
• Control malathion resistant mosquitoes.
• Low environmental impact.
• Easy to use.
• Has both adulticidal and larvicidal properties.
|Method||Dilution||Mixing rate/ application rate||Diluent||g a.i. per area|
|Thermal Fogging||1:25||200ml to 5 litres/5 litres mixture per hectare||Diesel Kerosene||100g a.i./ha|
|ULV Aerosol Spray||1:19||200ml to 4 litres/4 litres per 0.5 hectare or 0.8 ml per m2||Diesel Kerosene Water||100g a.i./ha|
• Controls larvae in both polluted and clean water.
• Works very well in water with the presence of decaying organic matter.
• Controls both larvae and pupae.
• Superior larvicide compared to other organa-phosphorus insecticides.
Recommended Rates:- volume 100/ha Shallow water- 1ml/itre of water (50g a.i./ha) Deep water- 10 ml/litre of water (500g a.i./ha)